6. We take your privacy seriously and we will only collect, record, hold, store and use your personal information as outlined below.
8. You can visit our Site and browse without having to provide your personal details. During your visit to our Site, you may remain anonymous and at no time would we be able to identify you unless you have registered an account (“Account”) with us on our Site and have logged on with your user name and password.
9. If you have any comments or suggestions, we would be pleased to receive them at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Collection of Personal Information
10. We do not sell, share or trade customer’s personal information. Personal information collected online will only be disclosed within Group and to:-
a. law enforcement or government authorities where they have followed due legal process to request us to disclose the information;
b. third parties required to process or deliver products, Applications and/or Services to you including, but not limited to, payment protection providers, insurance companies, country managers, freight forwarders, inspection agents, logistics providers, financing providers, sales support and marketing agents as authorised and consented by you;
c. third party providers of services, such as data processing; and/or
d. web analytics tool providers, such as Google.
11. When you register an Account, the personal information we collect will include your:-
a. Name (Mandatory);
b. Address (Mandatory);
c. Email Address(Mandatory);
d. Telephone Number (Mandatory);
e. Payment Methodology details (Mandatory if making a purchase);
f. Date of Birth (Voluntary); and
g. Gender (Voluntary.)
12. If you do not provide the mandatory information we may not be able to register an Account for you.
13. The mandatory personal information we collect from you will be used and or shared within our Group and to third parties for one or more of the following purposes:-
a. To deliver products that you purchase from our Site or through third parties;
b. To inform and update you on the delivery of the product and for customer support purposes;
c. To provide you with relevant product information;
d. To process your orders and to provide you with the Services and information offered through our Site which you may request;
e. To verify and/or administer any User-Generated Content;
f. To verify and carry out financial transactions in relation to payments you may make online;
h. To provide and improve our Site, Applications and/or Services and your experience on the Site and using the Applications and/or Services;
i. To authenticate your access to the parts of the Site, Applications and/or Services that you are authorised to access;
j. To review, process and confirm any request or application submitted by you in connection with the use of the Site, Applications and/or Services, including the resolution of disputes, processing of any transaction, collection of fees and delivery of returns;
k. To analyse the effectiveness of our advertisements, competitions and promotions;
l. To customise your Site, Applications and/or Services experience, as well as evaluating statistics on Site, Applications and/or Services activity, such as what time you visited or utilised them, whether you have visited the Site before and what site referred you to it;
m. To make the Site, Applications and/or Services easier to use and tailoring the Site, Applications and/or Services to the interests and needs of our Users;
n. To process, manage and administer Accounts in relation to your use of the Site, Applications and/or Services;
o. To respond to your comments or queries;
p. To fulfil a legal or regulatory requirement;
q. To detect, prevent or otherwise address fraud or security issues;
s. To verify your identity;
t. To protect the rights or property of any member of the Group (including but not limited to any intellectual property rights);
u. To respond to claims that you violated the rights of third-parties;
v. To conduct investigations into possible breaches of applicable laws; and/or
w. To supply you with information that is relevant to your existing relationship with us; and/or
x. To suggest products or services which we think may interest you.
14. The non-mandatory personal information such as date of birth and gender are used to carry out research on our Users’ demographics and for us to send you suggestions or information in the form of promotional emails which we think you may find useful, thereby, enhancing your experience when you visit our Site. By providing us this non-mandatory personal information, you are deemed to have consented to be part of our research and to receiving suggestions or information as outlined above.
Subscription to our Marketing and Promotional Materials
15. In addition to the personal information outlined above, when you register an Account with us, you will be asked if you would like to subscribe to our marketing and or promotional materials from time to time. These marketing and or promotional materials may come from within our Group wholly or through affiliation with third parties. If you choose to so subscribe, you are deemed to have consented to us processing within our Group and or third parties your personal information for this purpose. You can always choose to unsubscribe from marketing information at any time by opting for the unsubscribe function within the electronic marketing material.
Accessing Actual Orders
16. Your actual order details may be stored with us but for security reasons, cannot be retrieved directly by us. However, you may access this information by logging into your Account on the Site. Here, you can view the details of your orders that have been completed, those which are open and those which are to be dispatched as well as administer your address details, bank details and any marketing to which you may have subscribed. You undertake to treat the personal access data confidentially and not make it available to unauthorised third parties. We cannot assume any liability for any misuse of passwords unless this misuse is through our own fault.
Security of Your Personal Information
17. We use reasonable measures to protect your personal data and to store it securely. Where personal information is entered on the Site, Applications and/or Services, it is protected through the use of encryption, such as the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology. However, due to the inherent nature of the Internet as an open global communications vehicle, no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While security cannot be guaranteed, we strive to protect your personal data and are constantly reviewing and enhancing our security protocols to ensure that your personal data is not subject to unnecessary risks.
18. We ensure that all information collected will be safely and securely stored. We protect your personal information by:-
a. Allowing access to personal information only via passwords;
b. Maintaining technology products to prevent unauthorised computer access; and
c. Securely destroying your personal information when it is no longer needed for our record retention purposes.
Disclosure of Personal Information
19. Personal data will be held for as long as it is necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected, or as required or permitted by applicable laws. We shall cease to retain personal data, or remove the means by which the personal data can be associated with particular individuals, as soon as it is reasonable to assume that the purpose for which that personal data was collected is no longer being served by retention of the personal data and retention is no longer necessary for legal or business purposes.
20. In exceptional circumstances, we may be required to disclose personal information, such as when there are grounds to believe that the disclosure is necessary to prevent a threat to life or health, or required by the law.
21. If you believe that your privacy has been breached by us, please contact email@example.com and we will resolve the issue.
22. We may also receive personal information about you from other sources if you have given permission for that information to be shared. This may include information from commercially available sources, such as public databases and data aggregators, and information from third parties.
23. In situations where a third party under contract with us collects personal data about you, we use commercially reasonable efforts to require the third party to exercise reasonable care in protecting your information.
Collection of Computer Data not necessarily Personal Information
26. When you visit the Site our company servers may automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website. This data may include:-
a. Your computer's IP address;
b. Your browser type;
c. Webpages you were visiting before you came to our Site;
d. The pages within the Site that you visit; and
e. The time spent on those pages, items and information searched for on our Site, access times and dates, and other statistics.
27. This information is collected for analysis and evaluation in order to help us improve our Site and the Applications and/or Services. This data will not be used in association with any other personal information.
28. The tracking we may implement is based on display advertising (e.g., Remarketing, Google Display Network Impression Reporting, the DoubleClick Campaign Manager integration, or Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting) and can collect information such as age, gender, interests and interaction with ad impressions. Using the Google Ads Settings, visitors can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize Google Display Network ads. We and third-party vendors, including Google, may use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) together to inform, optimise, and serve ads based on someone's past visits to our Site and across the Internet.
I. AMENDMENTS TO PERSONAL DATA / OPT OUT
You have a right to access, change and remove the personal data held by us. If you wish to do so, please contact our Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also access, change and remove your personal details by clicking on 'My Account'. You may also decline to receive e-mails by clicking on ‘unsubscribe’ in any marketing e-mail you receive.
To the extent not required by us in connection with providing the Site, Applications and/or Services, if you do not want your personal data to be shared among affiliates, business partners or unrelated third parties, you may opt-out of such information sharing by sending us an email at email@example.com
II. TRANSFER OF PERSONAL DATA
We may transfer, store, process and/or deal with your personal data outside Malaysia. In doing so, we will comply with the PDPA and other applicable data protection and privacy laws.
In the event that all or substantially all of our assets are acquired by one or more third parties as a result of an acquisition, merger, sale, reorganisation, consolidation or liquidation, such data bases containing User personal information may be one of the transferred assets. In using the Site, Applications and/or Services, you consent to such transfer of your personal data.
III. CONTACTING YOU
If you no longer wish to receive marketing and/or promotional messages from us and had previously provided us with your consent to do so, you can withdraw your consent by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.